Purpose and Scope
(1) The purpose of these rules is to adopt by reference standardized-costs schedules for fire protection agency response to emergency incidents in unprotected areas and on transportation routes.
(2) These rules are to assist fire protection agencies and local government officials in the application of ORS 476.290 and 478.310.
(1) "Unprotected Area" shall mean an area outside the boundaries of recognized public or private fire protection.
(2) "Transportation Route" shall mean a roadway, waterway, railroad right-of-way or airplane route against which no taxes or assessments for fire protection are levied by the municipality, fire district, or fire protection agency.
(1) The State Fire Marshal adopts the standardized-costs schedules for transportation route response, unprotected area response, and apparatus cost that are contained in the State Fire Marshal's Oregon Fire Service Mobilization Plan.
(2) The State Fire Marshal adopts the volunteer firefighter reimbursement rate that is contained in the State Fire Marshal's Oregon Fire Service Mobilization Plan.
(3) All responses billed under these rules are subject to a 30-minute minimum response charge.
(4) Local agencies may determine their own billing cycle and any appropriate late charges and fees.
[Publications: The publication(s) referred to or incorporated by reference in this rule are available from the agency.]
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310