MOTOR VEHICLE LIABILITY INSURANCE
Permitted Reasons to Exclude Named Person
An insurer may exclude by name a person other than the named insured from the coverage required by ORS 742.450(2)(a) to be provided in a motor vehicle liability insurance policy issued for delivery in this state, for any of the following reasons:
(1) The excluded person is higher rated than the named insured and the difference between the annualized premium that the named insured would pay on the liability coverage under the policy including the higher rated person and the annualized premium that the named insured would pay on the policy excluding the higher rated person would cause financial hardship as described in this section to the named insured. For the purpose of this section:
(a) A financial hardship is caused only if the difference exceeds $1,000;
(b) Premium owing to rating for a high performance vehicle or a sports car shall be excluded for the purpose of determining whether financial hardship is caused.
(2) The excluded person's Oregon driver's license is suspended pursuant to ORS 809.409(5).
(3) The excluded person's Oregon driver's license is suspended pursuant to ORS 809.419(3).
Stat. Auth.: ORS 731.244 & 742.450
Stats. Implemented: ORS 742.450(6)(b)
Hist.: ID 6-1993, f. & cert. ef. 8-25-93; ID 19-2006, f. & cert. ef. 9-26-06
Exclusion from Excess Coverage
(1) An insurer who excludes one or more persons as provided by law from any coverage in excess of the coverage required by ORS 742.450(2)(a) to be provided in a motor vehicle liability insurance policy issued for delivery in this state must state in the policy or indorsement the policy limits applicable to the person.
(2) The disclosure requirement of section (1) of this rule does not apply with respect to a person also excluded from coverage under a motor vehicle liability insurance policy under ORS 742.450(6)(a) or OAR 836-058-0010.
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310