FOREST PRACTICES ADMINISTRATION
Access to Notifications and Written Plans
Procedures for Requesting Copies of Notifications and Written Plans; Fees
(1) Any person may examine or request copies of notifications or written plans filed with the State Forester as required by the Forest Practices Act. Examination of records, or requests for copies shall be made at the department district or unit office responsible for the geographic areas in question.
(2) When a person requests copies of notifications or written plans already on file, a fee shall be charged, as specified in OAR 629-010-0200, Charges for Copying and Purchasing Public Records.
(3) When a person requests to be sent notifications or written plans as they are filed at some time in the future, the request shall be made in writing on forms provided by the State Forester. The request shall require payment, in advance, of a fee established in department directive 0-5-1-301, dated October 2003. The request shall specify the geographic area of interest by legal description. The smallest unit of area described in a request shall be a section (usually 640 acres).
(4) Upon payment of fees described in section (3) of this rule, the person shall be sent all notifications and written plans filed with the State Forester for the geographic area described in the request for a period of one year from the date of payment.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 527
Stats. Implemented: ORS 527.670 & 527.700
Hist.: FB 2-1988, f. & cert. ef. 5-11-88; FB 2-1995, f. 6-19-95, cert. ef. 7-1-95, Renumbered from 629-055-0200; DOF 8-2002, f. & cert. ef. 7-1-02; DOF 6-2005(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-2-05 thru 1-27-06; DOF 8-2005, f. 12-13-05, cert. ef. 1-1-06
Exemption from Sending Written Plans to Department of Revenue or County Assessors
(1) Notwithstanding ORS 527.670 (8), the State Forester may enter into cooperative agreements with the Director of the Department of Revenue and any of the county assessors for the purpose of exempting the State Forester from the requirement to send written plans.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 527.670(8), the State Forester may enter into cooperative agreement with the Director of the Department of Revenue and any of the county assessors for the purpose of exempting the State Forester from the requirement to send notifications within three working days of receipt. Such agreement shall establish the procedures for sending notifications, appropriate to the use of the receiving party. In those counties which do not assess a personal property tax or otherwise do not have a use for notifications, a cooperative agreement may exempt sending notifications altogether.