The following words and phrases shall mean the following, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Booming Equipment" includes boom sticks.
(2) "Brand" means an identifying mark upon forest products or booming equipment, as provided by rule and regulation of the State Forester; but any brands in use and registered with the Public Utility Commissioner on October 1, 1951, with the exception of those brands enclosed in the letter "C", the use of which is particularly reserved for catch brands, may be continued in use, subject to the other provisions of ORS 532.010 to 532.140.
(3) "Catch Brand" means a mark or brand used by a person as an identifying mark upon forest products and booming equipment previously owned by another.
(4) "Forest Products" means any form, including, but not limited to, logs, poles, and piles into which a fallen tree may be cut before it undergoes manufacturing, but not including peeler cores.
(5) "Highway" means every street, alley, road, highway, and thoroughfare in this state, used by the public or dedicated or appropriated to public use.
(6) "Motor Vehicle" means any self-propelled or motor driven vehicle or any train or combination of vehicles used upon any highway in this state in transporting forest products.
(7) "Railroad" means any self-propelled vehicle or any train or combination of vehicles operating wholly on fixed rails or tracks.
(8) "Waters of This State" includes all bodies of fresh and salt water within the jurisdiction of the state capable of being used for the transportation of forest products, and all rivers and lakes and their tributaries, harbors, bays, sloughs, and marshes.
Special Definition "Brand"
(1) For purposes of this division, pursuant to authority of OAR 629-046-0005, "brand" shall mean an identifying mark upon forest products or booming equipment, which mark shall be at least two inches square.
(2) The mark shall be composed of one or more symbols such as letters, characters, or figures, within or without a single form or outline.
(3) The State Forester will not register any brand which is identical with a registered brand, or which closely resembles a registered brand, or which is designed in a style so as to make recognition difficult or confusing with a registered brand; excepting, however, those brands described in OAR 629-046-0005(2).
(4) A metal tag with the name or initial of the owner may be substituted for an impressed or cut brand when branding boom sticks. Such tags are to be registered with the State Forester in the manner prescribed for impressed or cut brands.
Forest Products; Manufacturing
Under the provisions of ORS 532.010(4), any part of a fallen tree which has been processed though a mill, cut into cordwood, stove wood, hewn ties, or fence posts shall be excluded from the requirements of ORS 532.010 to 532.140.
Forest Products; Branding Bundles
(1) For purposes of this rule, a "bundle" shall mean several sticks or pieces of forest products which are bundled together for purposes of handling or transportation.
(2) Forest products which are being transported in a bundle shall be deemed to be one unit. Placing or affixing a brand to such bundle shall be deemed compliance with ORS 532.010 to 532.140.
Forest Products; Shingle Bolts, Shake Bolts, Stud Logs
Shingle bolts, shake bolts, eight-foot stud logs, and other such forest products shall each be branded in accordance with the provisions of ORS 532.010 to 532.140; excepting, however, when being transported directly to the place of manufacturing, then, at the option of the owner, such may be branded by marking at least four outside units of such bolts, logs, or other forest products.
Branding; Conspicuous Place
All brands required by ORS 532.010 to 532.140 shall be marked on the forest products and booming equipment in a conspicuous place, which place shall be a surface whereon said brand shall be readily visible and legible.
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved