RENEWAL OF SECURITIES REGISTRATIONS
General Renewal Procedure
(1) Except for orders issued pursuant to OAR 441-065-0270(5), every order of registration or renewal automatically expires no later than 12 months from its effective date unless otherwise renewed pursuant to the rules contained in this Division.
(2) Generally, the renewal process shall be accomplished by following all requirements and procedures necessary for initial registration, as supplemented or modified by the requirements set forth in this Division.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 59.075 & ORS 59.285
Stats. Implemented: ORS 59.075
Hist.: FCS 1-1992, f. 1-31-92, cert. ef. 2-1-92; FCS 7-2000; f. & cert. ef. 6-2-00
Specific Renewal Procedures
An application for renewal must meet the following requirements:
(1) Timely Application. In order to prevent an automatic expiration of an order of registration or renewal, an applicant for renewal should file a complete application no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date of the current order of registration or renewal. Applications not timely filed will be processed, but no assurance can be given that an order of renewal will be issued prior to expiration of a previous order.
(2) Incomplete Applications. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
(3) Application Form. An applicant for renewal shall use the same application form used for the initial registration application or most recent renewal.
(4) Aggregate Offering Amount. A renewal application may be submitted for any aggregate offering amount of securities. An applicant is not limited to renewing unsold portions of previously authorized aggregate offering amounts.
(5) Fees. An applicant for renewal shall submit the appropriate fees as established pursuant to OAR 441-065-0001.
(6) Prospectus. An applicant for renewal of an offering, other than a compensatory benefit plan registered under OAR 441-065-0270, shall file one copy of the most recent prospectus including supplements.
(7) Financial Statements. If financial statements are not submitted as part of the prospectus or offering document, the applicant for renewal of an offering other than a compensatory benefit plan registered under OAR 441-065-0270 shall file one copy of the most recent annual financial statements, including a balance sheet, statement of income or operations, statement of cash flows, and all accompanying footnotes. The annual financial statements must be current within 135 days of filing the application for renewal, or interim financial statements current within 135 days must also be submitted.
(8) Additional Documents. An applicant for renewal shall promptly furnish all additional information and documents with respect to the issuer or the securities covered by the renewal application as the Director requests.
(9) Salesperson Applications. If the offering is not being sold by a licensed broker-dealer, the applicant for renewal shall submit a U-4 salesperson application for each person who will sell securities on behalf of the issuer and the appropriate fees as established pursuant to OAR 441-175-0002. The requirements for issuer salesperson licensing are set forth in 441-175-0120(11).
(10) Order of Renewal. An order of renewal will be issued by the Director upon receipt and processing of a complete application, unless the Director determines that the application should be denied pursuant to ORS 59.105. An order of renewal will be effective for a period of 12 months from the date of issuance.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 59.075 & 59.285
Stats. Implemented: ORS 59.065 & 59.075
Hist.: FCS 1-1992, f. 1-31-92, cert. ef. 2-1-92; FCS 7-2000; f. & cert. ef. 6-2-00; FCS 2-2003(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 11-26-03 thru 5-21-04; FCS 1-2004, f. & cert. ef. 5-19-04
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310