POWERS OF THE BOARD
Powers and Duties of the Board
(1) Pursuant to ORS 243.864, it will be within the powers and duties of the Board to study all matters connected with providing adequate benefit plan coverage for Eligible Employees, Early Retirees and their Dependents, with concern for the welfare of the Employees, Early Retirees and their Dependents and affordability for the Educational Entities.
(2) The board will design benefit plans, devise specifications, invite proposals, analyze responses to requests for proposals, and decide on the award of contracts for benefit plan coverage of Eligible Employees, Early Retirees and their Dependents.
(3) The Board will work collaboratively with Educational Entities, members, carriers and providers to offer value-added benefit plans that support improvement in members’ health status, hold carriers and providers accountable for outcomes, and provide affordable benefits and services. The board will place emphasis on:
(a) Employee choice among high-quality benefit plans;
(b) A competitive marketplace;
(c) Benefit plan performance and information;
(d) Educational Entity flexibility in benefit plan design and contracting;
(e) Quality customer services;
(f) Creativity and innovation;
(g) Benefit plans as part of total employee compensation;
(h) Improvement of employee health;
(i) An innovative delivery system;
(j) A focus on improving quality and outcomes;
(k) Promotion of health and wellness;
(l) Appropriate provider, health plan, and consumer incentives;
(m) Accessible and understandable information about costs, outcomes, and other health data; and
(n) Benefits that are affordable to the Educational Entities and Employees, Early Retirees and their Dependents.
(4) The Board may retain consultants, brokers, or other advisory personnel as it determines necessary and will employ such personnel as are required to perform the functions of the Board.
(5) The Board may delegate authority to the Administrator and Staff to complete duties described in (2)–(4) above.
Stat. Auth: ORS 243.864 - 243.886
Stats. Implemented: ORS 243.864
Hist.: OEBB 1-2007(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-23-07 thru 1-4-08; OEBB 1-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-4-08; OEBB 17-2010(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 12-13-10 thru 6-10-11; OEBB 9-2011, f. & cert. ef. 5-3-11
Conduct of Meetings of the Board
(1) The board will select one of its appointed voting members as chair and another voting member as vice chair.
(2) The chair will conduct and control meetings of the board. The vice chair will preside over meetings in the absence of the chair. A majority vote of the board will designate the member to preside over meetings in the absence of the chair and the vice chair.
(3) All meetings of the board will be conducted according to Oregon Public Meetings Law, ORS 192.610 to 192.690.
(4) A person must not smoke any cigar or cigarette, or use tobacco in any form in meetings of the board.
Stat. Auth.: Ch. 7 OL 2007
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.310-183.550, 192.660, 292.051, Sec. 2 & 3, Ch. 7 OL 2007
Hist.: OEBB 1-2007(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-23-07 thru 1-4-08; OEBB 1-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-4-08
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310