Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying, Chapter 820
Rule Caption: Reduce the biennial renewal fee for PE, PLS, RPP registrations.
Adm. Order No.: BEELS 1-2012(Temp)
Filed with Sec. of State: 3-16-2012
Certified to be Effective: 3-16-12 thru 5-15-12
Notice Publication Date:
Rules Amended: 820-010-0305, 820-010-0505
Subject: OAR 820-010-0305 – Fees. Reduces the annual renewal fees of a professional engineering certificate, professional land surveyor certificate, and registered professional photogrammetrist certificate from $90.00 to $75.00.
OAR 820-010-0505 – Biennial Renewal of Registration or Certification. Reduces the biennial renewal fees to renew a professional engineering, professional land surveyor, or registered professional photogrammetrist registration from $180.00 to $150.00.
Rules Coordinator: Mari Lopez—(503) 362-2666, ext. 26
(1) The Board has determined an outside testing provider will administer examinations on behalf of the Board. In addition to state fees, all approved applicants are charged for the test administration fee in addition to any book or scoring fees or any other examination-related fees. The applicant must pay all these costs in advance to the Board and the outside testing provider. The amount for each specific application is compiled in section (2) of this rule. Where applicable, the initial activation and certificate fee must be included. The total amount for each specific application is compiled in a fee schedule published separately. The amount to be submitted will be equal to a total of items (a) through (c) in this section. Actual dollar amounts for application, initial activation, renewal and certificate are listed in sections (2) and (3) of these rules:
(a) Fee for application.
(b) Fee for initial activation equal to one year renewal (one time fee applies to PE, PLS, RPP, and CWRE only; not applicable to reexamination).
(c) Fee for issuance of first certificate (one time fee applies to PE, PLS, RPP, and CWRE only).
(2) Fees for examination application:
(a) Initial fundamentals of engineering examination application – $35.
(b) Initial fundamentals of land surveying examination application – $35.
(c) Initial professional engineering (PE) examination application – $100.
(d) Initial professional geotechnical examination application – $375.
(e) Initial professional land surveying examination application – $140.
(f) Initial professional photogrammetric mapping examination application – $120.
(g) Certified Water Right Examiner test application – $50.
(h) Fundamentals of engineering examination re-application – $25.
(i) Fundamentals of land surveying examination re-application – $25.
(j) Professional engineering (PE) examination re-application – $90.
(k) Professional geotechnical examination re-application – $365.
(l) Professional land surveying (PLS) examination re-application – $130.
(m) Oregon law portion of PLS examination re-application – $55.
(n) National portion of PLS examination re-application – $75.
(o) Professional photogrammetric mapping examination re-application – $110.
(p) Certified Water Rights Examiner test re-application – $40.
(q) Proctor Request – $100.
(3) Fees for certification, registration, and renewal:
(a) Professional wall certificate – $35.
(b) Application for registration as a professional engineer – $250.
(c) Application for registration as a professional land surveyor – $250.
(d) Application for registration as a registered professional photogrammetrist – $250.
(e) Temporary permit issued under ORS 672.109 and 672.127 – $100.
(f) Re-issuance of lost or mutilated pocket card – $10.
(g) Issuance of certificate without examination based on experience as provided under ORS 672.255 – $250.
(h) Re-score of an Oregon specific examination item – $50.
(i) Annual renewal of a professional engineering certificate – $75.
(j) Annual renewal of a professional land surveyor certificate – $75.
(k) Annual renewal of a registered professional photogrammetrist certificate – $75.
(l) Delinquency renewal fee – $80 for any part of each two-year renewal period during delinquency.
(m) Fee for reinstatement for inactive or retired registrant or certificate holder – $225.
(n) Annual renewal of water right examiner certificate – $20.
(o) Verification of certification(s) and/or registration(s) – $15.
ORS 670.310, 672.153, 672.155, & 672.255
Stats. Implemented: ORS 672.002 - 672.325
Hist.: EE 2-1980, f. & ef. 5-14-80; EE 4-1981, f. & ef. 12-14-81; EE 2-1984(Temp), f. & ef. 5-7-84; EE 2-1984(Temp), f. & ef. 5-7-84; EE 4-1984, f. & ef. 12-11-84; EE 2-1987, f. & ef. 7-2-87; EE 3-1987, f. & ef. 8-25-87; EE 2-1989, f. 1-3-89, cert. ef. 1-15-89; EE 1-1990(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 5-21-90; EE 1-1991(Temp), f. 8-14-91, cert. ef. 9-1-91; EE 2-1991, f. & cert. ef. 9-23-91; EE 1-1992, f. & cert. ef. 2-3-92; EE 2-1992, f. & cert. ef. 2-4-92; EE 4-1992, f. & cert. ef. 7-22-92; EE 2-1993(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 2-22-93; EE 3-1993, f. & cert. ef. 6-3-93; EE 2-1994, f. & cert. ef. 7-22-94; EE 1-1995, f. 8-15-95, cert. ef. 9-1-95; EE 2-1997, f. & cert. ef. 8-6-97; BEELS 3-1998, f. & cert. ef. 5-11-98; BEELS 1-1999, f. 5-27-99, cert. ef. 7-1-99; BEELS 1-2000, f. & cert. ef. 1-14-00; BEELS 3-2000, f. 3-17-00, cert. ef. 3-20-00; BEELS 3-2001, f. & cert. ef. 11-26-01; BEELS 3-2002, f. & cert. ef. 11-13-02; BEELS 4-2002. f. & cert. ef. 12-3-02; BEELS 6-2005, f. & cert. ef. 12-13-05; BEELS 2-2006, f. & cert. ef. 11-21-06; BEELS 5-2007, f. & cert. ef. 9-20-07; BEELS 1-2008, f. & cert. ef. 3-12-08; BEELS 2-2009, f. & cert. ef. 11-13-09; BEELS 1-2010, f. & cert. ef. 5-12-10; BEELS 1-2011, f. & cert. ef. 1-14-11; BEELS 1-2012(Temp), f.& cert. ef. 3-16-12 thru 5-15-12
Biennial Renewal of Registration or Certification
(1) Registration as a professional engineer, professional land surveyor, or professional photogrammetrist with the Board is on a biennial renewal schedule. As a condition of registration renewal, registrants must comply with the continuing professional development requirements in OAR 820-010-0635. Certification of completing the required professional development requirements on the CPD Organizational Form and fee must be postmarked or hand delivered by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the expiration date of the registration. The biennial fee to renew a registration is described below:
(a) Professional Engineer – $150.00;
(b) Professional Land Surveyor – $150.00;
(c) Professional Photogrammetrist – $150.00;
(2) Certification as a certified water right examiner is on a biennial renewal schedule. The fee must be postmarked or hand delivered by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the expiration date of the certification. The biennial fee to renew a certification as a water right examiner is $40.00
(3) A delinquent fee of $80.00 will be assessed on the first day following the expiration date of each registration or certification, for each biennial renewal period in which payment or certification of completing the required continuing professional development hours is not submitted.
(4) Registrations or certificates in the delinquent or retired status for a period of 5 years or more may not be renewed. Delinquent or retired registrants or certificate holders must re-apply and re-take any applicable examination to obtain their certificate of registration or other certificate after a period of 5 years.
ORS 670.310, 672.160, 672.170, & 672.255
Stats. Implemented: ORS 672.002 - 672.325
Hist.: BEELS 3-2008, f. & cert. ef. 11-14-08; BEELS 2-2009, f. & cert. ef. 11-13-09; BEELS 1-2011, f. & cert. ef. 1-14-11; BEELS 1-2012(Temp), f.& cert. ef. 3-16-12 thru 5-15-12
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved