Oregon Health Authority, Division of Medical Assistance Programs, Chapter 410
Rule Caption: Align with OAR chapter 461, division 155 medical eligibility rules.
Adm. Order No.: DMAP 56-2012(Temp)
Filed with Sec. of State: 11-30-2012
Certified to be Effective: 12-1-12 thru 4-1-13
Notice Publication Date:
Rules Amended: 410-120-0006
Rules Suspended: 410-120-0006(T)
Subject: The General Rules Program administrative rules govern the Division’s payments for services provided to clients, and medical assistance eligibility determinations made by the Oregon Health Authority. In coordination with the Department of Human Services’ (Department) temporary revision of medical eligibility rules in chapter 461, the Division is temporarily amending OAR 410-120-0006 to assure that the Division’s medical eligibility rule aligns with and reflects information found in the Department’s medical eligibility rules. In OAR 410-120-0006, the Division adopts in rule by reference Department eligibility rules and must update OAR 410-120-0006 in conjunction. The Division intends to file this rule permanent on or before April 1, 2013.
Rules Coordinator: Cheryl Peters—(503) 945-6527
Medical Eligibility Standards
As the state Medicaid and CHIP agency, the Oregon Health Authority (Authority) is responsible for establishing and implementing eligibility policies and procedure consistent with applicable law. As outlined in 943-001-0020, the Authority, and the Department of Human Services (Department) work together to adopt rules to assure that medical assistance eligibility procedures and determinations are consistent across both agencies.
(1) The Authority adopts and incorporates by reference the rules established in OAR Chapter 461, and in effect December 1, 2012, for all medical eligibility requirements for medical assistance when the Authority conducts eligibility determinations.
(2) Any reference to OAR Chapter 461 in Oregon Administrative Rules or contracts of the Authority are deemed to be references to the requirements of this rule, and shall be construed to apply to all eligibility policies, procedures and determinations by or through the Authority.
(3) For purposes of this rule, references in OAR chapter 461 to the Department or to the Authority shall be construed to be references to both agencies.
(4) Effective on or after July 1, 2011 the Authority shall conduct medical eligibility determinations using the OAR chapter 461 rules which are in effect on the date the Authority makes the medical eligibility determination.
(5) A request for a hearing resulting from a determination under this rule, made by the Authority shall be handled pursuant to the hearing procedures set out in division 25 of OAR Chapter 461. References to “the Administrator” in division 25 of chapter 461 or “the Department” are hereby incorporated as references to the” Authority.”
[Publications: Publications referenced are available from the agency.]
Stats. Implemented: ORS 413.042 & 414.065
Hist.: DMAP 10-2011, f. 6-29-11, cert. ef. 7-1-11; DMAP 18-2011(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-15-11 thru 1-11-12; DMAP 21-2011(Temp), f. 7-29-11, cert. ef. 8-1-11 thru 1-11-12; DMAP 25-2011(Temp), f. 9-28-11, cert. ef. 10-1-11 thru 1-11-12; DMAP 36-2011, f. 12-13-11, cert. ef. 1-1-12; DMAP 1-2012(Temp), f. & cert. e.f 1-13-12 thru 7-10-12; DMAP 2-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 1-26-12 thru 7-10-12; DMAP 3-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 1-31-12 thru 2-1-12; DMAP 4-2012(Temp), f. 1-31-12, cert. ef. 2-1-12 thru 7-10-12; DMAP 9-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 3-1-12 thru 7-10-12; DMAP 21-2012(Temp), f. 3-30-12, cert. ef. 4-1-12 thru 7-10-12; DMAP 25-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 5-1-12 thru 7-10-12; Administrative correction 8-1-12; DMAP 35-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-20-12 thru 1-16-13; DMAP 45-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 10-5-12 thru 1-19-13; DMAP 50-2012, f. 10-31-12, cert. ef. 11-1-12; DMAP 53-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 11-1-2 thru 4-29-12; DMAP 56-2012(Temp), f. 11-30-12, cert. ef. 12-1-12 thru 4-1-13
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310